Brockholes Arms Auction Mart Ltd. was formed in 1927 by a consortium of Farmers on its present site, by taking on a Lease of twenty one years from the Landlord Major Fitzherbert Brockholes. Sales commenced in May of that year. The Market was officially opened by Mr. Fitzherbert-Brockholes on 20th March 1928.
On 18th October 1948 it was agreed by the Directors to purchase the land which Major Fitzherbert Brockholes offered to the Market for the sum of £450.00. Since the incorporation of the Market the Auction has been run by a Board of Directors and is owned by Shareholders, the main of which are farmers. About five years ago the Market acquired approximately two and a half acres of land and planning permission has been granted to convert the majority of this area into car parking for the Auction.